Cosmetic Surgery Chennai
Contractures / Dupuytren's Contracture
Burns heal by growing and replacing the damaged layer of skin. The tissues in the wound start to dehydrate and contract forming Contractures. Burns may result in the following deformities:
- Keloid Scars - Keloids are thick, itchy, unsightly clusters of scar tissue that grow beyond the borders of actual burn wound.
- Hypertrophic Scars - Hypertrophic scars look like keloid scars except the fact that they tend to remain within the boundaries of the burn wound.
- Burn Deformities / Contractures - Contractures occur when a Burn Scar pulls on the edges of the skin making a tight area. These Contractures can produce functional limitation and can affect the muscles, joints, and tendons. Contractures are usually common after Burns and are commonly referred to as Burn Deformity. Treatment
- Laser Surgery - Different lasers are used to smooth, flatten or remove abnormal discoloration of the overlying skin of the scar.
- Skin Grafting - The procedure of skin grafting involves replacing the damaged area of the skin by healthy area taken from other part of the body.
- Skin Flap Surgery - Flap surgery is a procedure in which skin, along with the underlying fat, blood vessels, and sometimes the muscle, is moved from a healthy part of the body to the injured site.
- Z - Plasty - This is a Scar Revision procedure in which a Z-shaped incision is used. Z - Plasty is used to decrease the skin 'pull' in case of a contracture. This technique can also be used to try and blend the Scar in the natural creases and folds of the surrounding skin.
- Tissue Expansion - The technique of tissue expansion is used in conjunction with skin flap surgery. In this technique the amount of existing tissue is increased for re-constructive purposes.
- Dermabrasion - This procedure is used to smooth Scar tissue by shaving or scraping off the superficial skin layers of the skin. The goal of this procedure is to improve the appearance of the Scars over time.
Treatment of Burn Scars / Deformities / Contractures is performed not only for aesthetic reasons, it is also performed for reconstructive and functional reasons.The advantage of surgical removal is that the growth is immediately removed and the contracture is released fully. Recovery of your function is full.
Types of Cosmetic Surgery
Schedule your confidential consultation with Rajmohan's Cosmetic Surgery Center Now