Cosmetic Surgery Chennai
Blepharoplasty / Eye Lift
Blepharoplasty is surgery that includes repairing droopy eyelids by removing excess skin, muscle and fat. As you age, your eyelids stretch, and the muscles supporting them weaken. As a result, excess fat may gather above and below your eyelids, causing sagging eyebrows, drooping upper lids and bags under your eyes. Besides making you look older, severely sagging skin around your eyes can impair your peripheral or side vision. Blepharoplasty can reduce or eliminate such impaired vision.
Blepharoplasty is usually done on an outpatient basis. To help decide if blepharoplasty is right for you, find out what you can realistically expect, and take time to explore the benefits and risks of blepharoplasty.
You might consider blepharoplasty if drooping or sagging eyelids keep your eyes from opening completely or pull your lower eyelids down. Removing excess tissue from your upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both can improve vision and make your eyes appear younger and more alert. Blepharoplasty may be an option if you have:
- Baggy or puffy upper eyelids
- Excess skin of the upper eyelid that interferes with your vision
- Droopy lower eyelids, which may cause white to show below the iris (colored part of the eye)
- Excess skin on lower eyelids
- Bags under your eyes
The incision on the lower lid is made just below the lashes in your eye's natural crease or inside the lower lid. The surgeon removes or redistributes excess fat, muscle and sagging skin. Depending on where the initial incisions are made, stitches may follow the lower lid's natural crease or be placed inside the lower eyelid.
- Many people express satisfaction with the results of blepharoplasty, such as a more rested and youthful appearance and more self-confidence. For most of people, results of surgery will last a lifetime.